In an abundance of caution for the safety of TFHC patients and employees, TFHC Dental Services have been suspended. The following Dental Services locations are OPEN for EMERGENCY CARE ONLY: N. Nebraska, Dale Mabry, and Osborne. All other TFHC Dental Services are temporarily closed. For more information, please call TFHC at (813) 397-5300.
Como precaución por la seguridad de los pacientes y empleados de TFHC, los servicios dentales de TFHC han sido suspendidos. Las siguientes ubicaciones de clinicas dentales están ABIERTAS SOLO PARA ATENCIÓN DE CASOS DE EMERGENCIA: N. Nebraska, Dale Mabry y Osborne. Todas las demás clinicas dentales de TFHC están cerradas temporalmente. Para obtener más información, por favor llame a TFHC al (813) 397-5300.
Get the facts so you can flash those healthy, pearly whites for years to come. Call Tampa Family Health Centers today.
Good Dental Hygiene Essentials:
- Regular Dental Check-ups: See your dentist at Tampa Family Health Centers twice a year for cleanings and other preventive care. Follow your dentist's advice regarding continued care.
- Brush your teeth: Brushing your teeth at least twice a day can help keep your teeth healthy and strong. Make it a habit to brush in the morning and just before bedtime.
- Toothpaste: Using toothpaste that is recommended by your dentist. Most dentists recommend a fluoride toothpaste. Check with your dentist about what is best for your teeth.
- Flossing: Toothbrushes don't always catch leftover particles. Flossing daily can help remove additional bacteria and plaque.
- Mouthwash: A thorough rinse can help you get to areas that both the toothbrush and floss might have missed ensuring a thorough clean.
- Dental Hygiene Fun Fact: Your toothbrush matters! To take the best care of your teeth it's important to choose the right toothbrush and to replace it every four months. Ask your dentist what kind of toothbrush (soft, hard) is right for you.
- 7814 N. Dale Mabry Hwy., Tampa FL 33614
- 3901 S. Westshore Blvd., Tampa FL 33611
- 1502 E. Fowler Ave., Tampa, FL 33612
- 6216 E. Sligh Ave., Tampa, FL 33617
- 302 W. Fletcher Ave., Tampa, FL 33612
- 8108 N. Nebraska Ave., Tampa, FL 33604
- 4620 N. 22nd St., Tampa, FL 33610
- 7602 Causeway Blvd., Tampa, FL 33619
- 5611 Sheldon Rd., Tampa, FL 33615
Click on a topic below for more information
As a part of a healthy lifestyle, it is important to maintain good oral health. The first step to good oral health is to schedule a dental wellness visit, which includes:
- Oral health screening
- Complete set of x-rays
- In-depth oral exam
- Oral cancer screening
- Very strong and durable
- Highly resistant to wear
- Not as cosmetically pleasing as Composites (tooth-colored fillings)
- Transmits hot and cold readily, usually causing short-term sensitivity
- Can expand or contract over time, which may cause tooth to crack
- Highly cosmetic
- Can bond filling to tooth
- More conservative preparation
- Not a good fit for large cavities
- Shorter life span than amalgam (silver)
- Possible sensitivity post procedure
- More expensive than silver fillings
Gum disease is a serious infection that can lead to tooth loss and other health problems. According to American Academy of Periodontology:
- Bacteria in your mouth can cause diseases such as pneumonia
- Research has found that people with gum disease are 2x as likely to suffer from heart disease
- Pregnant women who have periodontal disease may be 7x more likely to have a baby that is born too early and/or too small
The treatment for gum disease varies based on the patient. If you have questions, please ask a member of our dental staff.
Your Dental Team
Ramon Sanchez Odontologist School
ISCM Ignacio Agramonte
Maria Pena Rodriguez
University Medical Science
St. Petersburg College
Colegio Odontologico Colombiano